BENEFITS OF HEPA FILTERS
- Built to OEM or custom specifications.
- Compatible with your original equipment.
- Made in the USA, with high-quality, domestically sourced materials.
- Sidco HEPA filters are a cost-efficient alternative to OEM replacements.
Industrial HEPA filters and ULPA filters are available in cylindrical cartridge filters, conical filters, and panel filter configurations. A HEPA filter is determined by the media used instead of the shape of the filter. HEPA filters and ULPA filters are designed to improve air quality and eliminate particulate matter like smoke, pollen, dust mites, and dander by trapping particles without much restriction to the airflow.
Sidco’s HEPA filters can be effective in removing up to 99.97% at 0.3 microns of dust and contaminants from air. ULPA filters are typically used in clean-room applications. ULPA stands for Ultra Low Penetration Air and is used in modern clean rooms. The difference between HEPA and ULPA is the efficiency rating of the filter media. Typical HEPA filter media has an efficiency of 99.97% at 0.3µ, whereas ULPA media has an efficiency rating in excess of 99.999% at 0.12µ.
They are available in a variety of configurations but are most commonly constructed from layers of pleated filter media and carbon steel inner and outer cores for durability. Pleated HEPA media can also be layered with other media to achieve different ratings for special applications. Pleated media also increases the filter area, allows low pressure drop and high particle-holding capacity.
It is important to frequently replace HEPA filters to maintain a healthy environment!
SPECIFICATIONS FOR HEPA FILTERS
- Media– HEPA media is rated at 0.3µ at 99.97% in gaseous flow.
- Endcap, seal, or frame– Polyurethane or silicone molded seal are available in addition to metal end cap, and panel or box style filters.
- Cores– Inner and outer cores are made from perforated carbon steel, galvanized expanded steel, or stainless steel options.
- Media Support– HEPA media is self-supporting and are surrounded by inner and outer cores, made from flattened expanded stainless steel options.
- Options– HEPA filters can be used with a pre-filter foam wrap to extend the life of the HEPA filter.
- Unique Features– HEPA media is high-efficiency and flame retardant.
APPLICATIONS FOR HEPA FILTERS
HEPA and UPLA filters are used across industries and in a wide variety of applications. Some applications filter dander and allergens. Others clean air and control air quality. HEPA filters are typically found in aerospace, pharmaceutical drug processing, hospitals, health care, nuclear fuels, nuclear power, and integrated circuit fabrication. ULPA filters are typically found in
- Electric Power
- Food and Beverage
- General Industry
- Industrial Vacuums
- Integrated Circuit Fabrication
- Machining and milling
- Municipal wastewater
- Oil and Gas
- Power generation
- Precision machining
- Pulp and paper
COMMONLY CROSSED BRANDS