About Metal End Cap Filters
Metal end cap filters are a cylindrical style cartridge filter, designed for use in harsh environments. They are manufactured from heavy duty materials and can withstand high-temperature environments when made with special potting compounds. Standard construction consists of an expanded or perforated metal core made from carbon or stainless steel. The inner core is encircled by self-supporting paper media or pleated textile media. Textile media is pleated with an epoxy coated steel support screen. Paper medias are typically supported by an outer expanded metal cage. The metal end cap encloses the media and core(s) with a urethane potting compound. Sidco’s metal end cap filters are available in a variety of configurations:
- open/open style: two open metal end caps
- open/closed style: one open end cap and one closed end cap with an optional bolt hole.
Metal end cap filters are also referred to as; Metal Ends, Metal Radial End Seals, Radial Fin Filters, Radial Fin Elements, Radial Fin Cartridges, or Air Intake Filters.
Commonly Crossed Brands
Metal end cap filter elements are used in an almost endless amount of applications across various industries.
They are primarily found in compressed air/gas streams, air/gas coalescing applications, and in vacuum filters.
Metal end cap filters effectively remove dust, dirt, and solids from air or gas pipelines by filtering air or gas streams.
- Built to OEM or custom specifications.
- Designed for more efficient performance than OEM replacement filters.
- Compatible with your original equipment.
- Some media options are washable at the job site.
- Made in the USA, with high-quality, domestically sourced materials.
- Constructed from heavy-duty materials for durability.
- Media – Rayon/nylon, stainless steel mesh, stainless steel woven mesh, epoxy coated steel screen, galvanized wire mesh, standard cellulose paper, 80/20 hi flow blend paper, 80/20 nanofiber paper, polyester felt, polypropylene felt, polyester cotton blend, urethane foam, reticulated foam, lofted Dacron®, spun bonded polyester, Nomex®, aramid felt, fiberglass felt.
- Endcap – Galvanized carbon steel, stainless steel.
- Cores – inner and outer cores are made from perforated carbon steel, galvanized expanded steel, or stainless steel options.
- Media Support – Paper medias are self-supporting and are surrounded by inner and outer cores, made from flattened expanded stainless steel options. Textile media is pleated with a wire mesh media support.
- Options – Handles, lift lugs, J-hooks, inner reinforcing rings, support banding, silicone, rubber, cork, or felt gaskets.
- Unique Features – Some elements are available in HEPA grade media, with pre-filter foam wraps, or for high-temperature applications. Some media options are cleanable at the job site. Micron ratings range from 0.3 microns up to 750 microns; depending on the filter media used.