About Wire Mesh Filters
Wire mesh filters were originally designed as oil-wetted filters before dry medias were readily used. Sidco wire mesh filters are a high-quality alternative to OEM filters. They are manufactured with layers of crimped or rolled screen and inner and outer cores for durability. The self-sealing polyurethane end acts as a gasket against the seal plates of your filter housing.
Wire mesh filters are an effective solution for large particle removal. Particles 10µ or larger are caught on the crimped or rolled media. Oiled filters can afford a larger micron size because the particles stick to the media. Wire mesh filters trap fewer contaminants than a felt or paper filter but improve the airflow rate and have a higher CFM rating than a dry filter.
Commonly Crossed Brands
- Air intake for stationary engines.
- Compressors in closed rooms, or marine engines in low dust areas.
- Filters visible, airborne, large particles, such as lint.
- Wire mesh filters are built to OEM specifications.
- Designed for more efficient performance than OEM wire mesh filters.
- Compatible with your original equipment.
- Wire Mesh filters are washable at the job site.
- Constructed with heavy duty materials for durability.
- Media – Epoxy coated steel screen, stainless steel mesh.
- Endcap – Polyurethane.
- Cores – galvanized perforated carbon steel, flattened expanded galvanized carbon steel, perforated stainless steel, flattened expanded stainless steel.
- Options – reinforcing rings and lift lugs available in carbon steel or stainless steel.
- Unique Features – Cleanable at the job site, can be washed and re-oiled, parts typically do not need to be replaced, robust design.